Thursday, May 5, 2011

KEEPING UP WITH ME IS WEARING ME OUT.

Zooooommmm
Pardon the sound effects. It felt poignant.

Whatever that means.
Things are, or seem to be moving so fast these days the biggest fear I have is my afterburners cutting out at thirty thousand feet. Long way down.
Lets see,.....umm, just finished an oil of Amanda Palmer, which I am pretty sure I am reasonably proud of. If they find me dead garroted with a ukulele string you'll know who did it.
just moving up closely up on a really big commission which is one of the weirdest creepiest and funniest things I think I have ever done.
I just received the final image of the piece I did for the Valley of the Kings,( see the last "working" post.) and I will be putting it up with some what I hope is interesting stuff about why and how it came to be what it is. PLEASE STAY TUNED as I care very, very deeply about the mission statement of VOTK's.
I hope to get out there this fall. Phalanges crossed.
Look for the post in the next few days.

Umm, and I hate to bring this up because it seems like I am always doing this these days, but I honestly, and very sincerely NEED one more commission to come in the next day or two.
As I have mentioned recently, ALL commissions MUST go through Ryan Graff and Eidolon Fines Arts. I will not take a direct commission if you write to me. It's just the way honest representation works. So, if you have a hankering for something and you think now is the time,(and brothers and sisters it is.) to have an original on the wall, lets get it going, okay?
My brushes are so old that while painting the "Amanda" portrait they were literally falling apart. This is very bad.

Oh, and for those of you interested, yes, I will be at San Diego this year at the Eidolon booth.

See you when I touch down, or I run out of fuel.

M.Z.



No comments: